6.14.2009

Igor is out for the night (must get sufficient sleep according to his beauty regiment after all), so this is Heeseung clocking in for the night.

As usual, this post comes at a time when Heeseung should be doing homework and cannot concentrate and thus needs an outlet with which she can distract herself.

On second thought, because Igor is currently not around dictating this post to Heeseung, Heeseung believes it is suitable for her to talk in the first person for this post.

And thank god. I was going crazy writing down everything Igor was saying. I mean, really-- being told by a turtle what to do all the time? Not cool, my friends. Not cool. And to those of you who may have hinted that I was treating Igor poorly-- how little you know. He may look cute and small on the outside, but he's actually lethal. And he knows seven different kinds of martial arts.

Anyway, this post is just to mark a momentous occasion: My decision to use ALL KOREAN ALL THE TIME (on behalf of Igor, of course). Which is what I should have been doing anyway, but I looked around today and realized I was using English a lot more than I intended (ah, the cons of having American friends in a foreign city), so I'm making an effort to start using more Korean, no matter how weird it feels, no matter how closed in I feel, I will do it! I hope.

Aside from using Korean (or, you know, trying to) when talking to Christine, whom I live with, and my cousin, who understands English really well, I've taken additional steps to practice more Korean by switching both my facebook and my iPod into Korean. This was a brilliant move, or so I thought ... until I got an error on my iPod that I couldn't be bothered to read, so I just Xed out of it. Oh well, here's to hoping it wasn't important.

I also may have perhaps started watching Korean dramas, although I will never say! Although I know Eliot would be proud (but on second thought, maybe if he knew the kinds of dramas I am or am not currently watching, he would cease to be so proud).

Oh, but alas! Igor is stirring! Clearly, I was typing too loudly. And so I must end this here and steal away into the night before Igor discovers this post. 

However, if you're in the mood for some reading and this wonderful, fascinating blog is not enough for you, check this out. There are a lot of interesting stories there and the blog is maintained by a fellow Yalie. Igor is still asleep, but I know if he were here right now, dictating to me, he would be jealous his stories aren't as interesting as the one on the AIMS blog. But don't worry, Igor. You're special in your own green way.

(As an addendum to Igor's last post-- after visiting another club in Hongdae, it has been determined that not all clubs are strange; just some. Although cultural differences still exist aplenty. However, Igor did not go to this last club, either, and thus he must never know that his entourage went off without him -- again -- as we all suffered the consequences last time. I won't get too graphic here, but we'll just say there was a lot of hard labor and groveling involved.)

2 comments: